26 April 2010

Meh.

Hi.
I'm trying to cut down on swearing.

It's mostly been working, since you should have heard me back in ninth grade. I sounded like I lived...somewhere that people swore a lot. Um...yeah.

Anyway, I've been trying to cheat through this by either swearing in other languages that no one else understands (Russian, Polish, Yiddish, and Dark Elven - I can't use Spanish since everyone else in my school - possibly including the teachers - knows all of the Spanish curse words.)
But lately I've felt guilty about this, so I really AM trying to cut down on the actual "bad words." In respect to friends and family and possibly the general public, even though I don't really care about the general public unless it is thinking about giving me a job.

That was a really meandering sentence.

But in my quest to cut down on swear words, I keep coming up with the STRANGEST phrases ever.
For instance - today, while trying to get on facebook with my (unfortunately) dial-up connection, loading was taking forever. Then the battery died. Then I had to reload and restart and all the computer doohickey stuff that other people know about, I'm sure, and after I finally got back ON facebook, and was doing vaguely useful stuff, the computer suddenly slo...w...e...d......d...o...w...n....
and I say this: Jesus, Lord of fishes and little idiots, will you WORK!
Then I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

1 comment: