28 September 2010

Bleh to Introspective

I wanted to write a post when I got on here...
Then my mind blanked. And then disconnected from my fingers and fine motor functions.
So I'm just going to write stuff that comes into my head.
Kay?
Kay.
Good.
(This is the good thing about running a dictatorship. The only person you have to agree with is yourself. If you don't have multiple personalities, you should be good.)
I'm kind of sad that I have only one follower right now. However, I am fairly sure that more people than one person read this at least semi-periodically...but still. The follow button is >that> way!

Now I sound whiny and not tough. *sigh*

Oh well. I knew it was only a matter of time before my clever disguise of awesomeness slipped and I would be revealed for the crazy lunatic that I am.
I just didn't expect it would come this soon.
*obviously employing heavy use of sarcasm*

Hmmmm...

On a more serious note...

I'm also really pleased at the fact that some of my friends (who shall go nameless, but know who they are if they read this) have been experiencing either relationship success or easy contentment with the way single life is going after several years of crap that they are far too nice and patient and wonderful to have put up with for so long.

It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling in my chest. Of course that could also be indigestion.

My own life is starting to settle again, after the initial craziness of moving into college.

I have many old and new friends...which is cool, and still gives me a surprise when I think about it.

I've had so many years of thinking of myself as an outsider, a lone wolf...that when I actually look around at the friends that have surrounded me...I can only wonder at their patience for dealing with my ego, oddness, and misplaced humor for so long.

And then I remember - they are every bit as odd as I am.

There are very few people (in my opinion) who are as blessed as I am with the sheer awesomeness of their friends.

I started a club - a creative writing club - and I have high hopes.

For the past year...and the first time in a long while...I've been on really good terms with both my siblings and my parents...

And my grandfather called me last night.

So I'm in a good place right now.

Possibly one of the best places I've been in a long while.

I'm going to go make popcorn and edit the spelling on my previous posts now...

2 comments:

  1. Well I kind of feel like that post was about me. I'm glad you are feeling happy for all your friends. Now I need a nap because a certain boy kept waking me up for snuggle. Grr... (in a good way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several people - most of whom you know - who that post was about. But it was mostly kind of about you.

    I'm just surprised you guys don't kick each other off the bed. These dorm beds are narrow.

    ReplyDelete