15 September 2010

Receipts and other insanity

I'm in college now. A month or something. Yay me.
I didn't post about it because I forgot I had a blog in the insanity that was happening at the time...
Although the UND Hall Orientation Team rocks. We drove in, worried about how we were going to get all this stuff into my room...
And, swear to whatever god you wish, twelve H.O.T. members descended upon us.
So I like them now.
My classes are good.
Technically I only have two, but one of them is four-in-one, which is a good deal.
I should technically be doing my homework in that right now, but...
Homework vs. playing on the Internet.
Guess who wins.

We went to the bookstore to get my books. Got one I really didn't need, but didn't notice until much later.
Parents went home.
I lost the receipt.

*THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*
*DON'T LOSE THE RECEIPT*
*KEEP THE RECEIPTS. ALL OF THEM. EVEN THE ONE YOU GOT WHEN YOU WERE DRUNK AND BOUGHT A GUMBY DOLL WITH THE SPARE CHANGE YOU FOUND UNDER YOUR ROOMMATE'S BED.*
*THANK YOU FOR LISTENING*

So I couldn't return the book. Which is called Careers in Criminal Justice and Related Fields, by the way. For those of you who are interested.
Also, these books were rented. This means that at the end of the year you must return them or you have to pay the full amount.
These books normally cost about 200 - 300 dollars.
Renting? Costs about 25.
Get my concern?
So I fired off an email to the bookstore people, asking if there was any way they could help, blah blah blah, feel like a moron, blah blah blah, please reply, thank you, bye.
Never returned the email.
Ever.
This was last month.
I didn't even get a form letter that said,

Yes, you ARE a moron. Pay the full price.
Sincerely, us.

So yesterday I sent off another one.
A little less apologetic, because I was slightly ticked at them for not reading their mail and really ticked at myself for losing the receipt. Gave them ALL the contact information that I've ever had.
Today I found the receipt.
It was in the middle drawer of my desk. Next to the broken scissors I need to replace, the spare batteries, the headphones, the sewing kit, and the calculator.
Of course I would never look there. *rolls eyes*
So yay!
Also

Dear UND Bookstore:
I'm sorry.
But you should check your mail more often.
Sincerely,
Me

Now I'm gonna go and return my book. And get money.
And stuff.

Books you should read...
Name of the Wind.
by Patrick Rothfuss.
He has a blog. (http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/)
It's awesome.
Read it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Breanna. That was an exciting event. Guess what? I got to sword fight last night. It was fun and I just about destroyed the foam swords I and so said person was using. It was great. Then I didn't go to bed until 1 so now I'm really fricken tired and not in the mood to go to class but that is not an option. I have to go because I'm paying for my classes. Yep. Well going to go pray to the coffee god for more caffeine. See ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sword fights!
    Jealousy is strangling me.
    Which is why I'm typing this.
    Good luck with the coffee god. He tends to be notoriously unreliable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I'm going to bed right now because I'm so effing tired. Have a wonderful friday night.

    ReplyDelete