26 September 2010

Moldy Bread


Just so you know. This is NOT an autobiographical comic. However, I WAS getting some bread out of the fridge today for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And I'm used to Krista's Kitchen bread, which is made without preservatives. And I've had this bread in my fridge since the beginning of school two months ago, so I'm wondering..."Just what IS the expiration date on this?"
(I never did get around to finding out.)
But after I wonder that, I wonder, "What WOULD I do if this bread was a little moldy?"
And at this point, I REALLY want a sandwich.
The bread wasn't moldy, by the way. But...if the bread had been moldy...I have a feeling I would have cut out the mold at least...but I would have eaten the bread.
If my parents read this, I'm sorry. I apparently learned nothing about nutrition. But at least I take my PB&Js really seriously.

1 comment:

  1. A year or so after this, I moved into my sophomore dorm. I had bread. Several weeks later, I tried to make sandwiches and discovered that I had, in fact, made penicillin. I was struck with a conundrum. The mold was on the other end of the bread. And the bread that I wanted to use was still okay. And I was really hungry. So yeah. Yes, I ate it. IT WAS DELICIOUS.

    ReplyDelete